Tuesday, August 16, 2011

a little story

we were eating at the fish tavern. A little girl crossed the road, wearing her swimsuit, at eleven o'clock at night and swam in the black sea, happy as a fish, or a mermaid.talking later with her mother..she told me that she is a handfull, drives her (the mum) crazy. And that she is only 4 years old. I was making sympathetic noises, secretly rejoicing in the little one's spirit. (there was a grownup with her, watching from the beach)
as I was being sympathetic, the mother went on: "and do you know what she did? she wanted to take her swimmimg aids off, and I wouldn't let her because she is too young, and the little devil BIT them off with her teeth!!"
I couldn't hold back, a loud HURRRAAAYYY was heard, right there in the fish tavern, after midnight, two nights ago.

12 comments:

Valerianna said...

Oh yes, HURRAY!

I can relate... my parents said I was NOT to be contained... they were blown over by me, and at some
point, folks started telling my mother to give up. She finally did, mostly.

Manya Maratou said...

valerianna I was just the opposite..trying to be good and do things the right way. I admire this kid.

Penny Berens said...

Like you Manya I tried to be a good little thing! After midnight is what amazes me!

jude said...

oh, i get it...

deanna7trees said...

reminds me of my little friend, skye, who lives next door. she is a delightful free spirit and her parents let her be. she is a lucky little girl.
and i love the beautiful pictures in between your story.

Roxanne said...

Beautiful dyeing. Your spirit explodes on the cloth like a wild child!

Yvette said...

I hope she can be herself later and not get her mothers rules effect her life

Silvina {Enlunada} said...

Thanks for your visit!!
Art, creation are the best wat to go trough problems.
In Argentina we had a great crisis ten years ago and now we are living a rebirth. I trust it will happen the same in you country and I pray for Greece. Go on creating!!!! Be hopeful!!!

Nancy said...

Ha! This was a good story. I have always tried to be the good girl. My daughter was a spunky monkey, which was cute til she hit 14...then, not so much!
Love your cloth.

Judy Martin said...

Thank you for the wonderful images of your natural dyeing - I love the juxtaposition of your own creativity with the story of the wee girl.

iHanna said...

Haha, great story that makes me smile. I can just see that girl in my mind.

Velma Bolyard said...

a good story, illuminated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...