Monday, August 23, 2010

warsaw and prints


I am in Warsaw with the spaniards, that is my boys and their father. Eldest son is moving here to go to school. It is beautiful and sunny (for the time being, anyway) and the parks are stupendous'Sunday morning Chopin concert was fabulous.
this is what came out of a pot left for a week, I sneak peeked and opened it before leaving, and now it is going to stay here. I´ve torn and bundled all my white sheets and pillowcases, and they are simmering in the sun in pots and jars, bundled with metals and leaves. looks promising...


the cloth in the top photo was pieced and then cut into moebius strips and is slowly turning into a strip' what do you call it bias strip ? I'll show you when it's done

10 comments:

jude said...

good to be back, everything here looks so good, and nice to see you too!

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Wow, this really looks promising indeed! I'm almost as curious as you are to see what's in the parcels when you return ...
Arrggh - someday I'll have to try this too!

Manya Maratou said...

hi jude, missed you!

Manya Maratou said...

hello anneli, try it. it is magic from the very beginning...

Penny Berens said...

Oh, Manya you're getting wonderful results!

Storycloth said...

Hullo Manya - what a treat this blog is. I will learn so much from you, so thank you, in advance. Thankyou. Gilly

t said...

hey manya, love this cloth. How beautiful.

xt

Manya Maratou said...

hello penny, hello Gilly, hello teresa
thanks- I especially like that cloth, too. the best thing about heatwaves is that bundles stay hot 24 hours a day, I leave them on stone paving- the liquids they are in are too hot for hands! for days on end...

dorie said...

you must have had a wonderfull summer-those prints are wonderfull. Are the leaves native and printed on silk or cotten? I bet autumn will give you a more exciting journeys

pzi236 said...

Hi Manya,

I just found your blog today and am absolutely in love with it! As I was looking through some of your older posts, I came across this one about the bundling of cloth with leaves and metal. I'm curious and would like to learn more about the process. Do you have any websites or books you could point me towards to learn more? I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...